View our reviews on Hot Scripts You can now obtain our example scripts and/or vote for them at Hotscripts. To visit Hotscripts click here.

A visitor has submitted a fix for the Contact Form. If you host your site on a Windows server you may have trouble with sending mail.


Here is a letter I received from a visitor:


Hi there,
Fyi - I found the fix in the php manual, on a forum:

Under windows there is a bug in php/mail
See here: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=28038
this results in you being unable to send 'From: Full Name '
Workaround is:
Set the following before calling the mail function:

ini_set('sendmail_from', 'me@domain.com');

this has worked for me and I'm now happy! Thanks for looking into it all the
same.

Regards,
Karen


Thanks Karen!

Bookmark / Share:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google


Do you have a thought about this article? Post a comment and tell us about it!